P F Burridge and Sons Limited is a private family owned company, with a long-standing reputation for quality and service. Established in 1965 and incorporated in 1967 by the founder Mr Peter Francis Burridge, the company has grown from strength to strength over the years and now employs in excess of 125 directly employed operatives and staff, the majority of which have been with the company for a number of years.
The Company Directors, David, Mark and Phil are all sons of the founder and have over 100 years combined experience within the construction industry.
As a long established North East based SME, operating from offices in Newcastle Upon Tyne and Wakefield West Yorkshire, Burridge have established an enviable reputation for quality and service with a high degree of repeat business, negotiated and partnering opportunities.
Projects undertaken include extensions, refurbishments, fabric maintenance, measured term maintenance contracts, internal fit outs, alterations and new build. Our works range from minor maintenance through to projects valued up to £5 million.
Our main areas of expertise are as follows:
- General Building Contracting
- Planned and Responsive Property Maintenance
- Insurance / Loss Adjustor Work
- Plumbing and Heating Installation and Repairs
- Architectural Joinery Manufacture and Shopfitting
- Painting and Decorating
- Electrical / Mechanical Installation and Repairs
- Renewable Energy Design and Installations
General Building and Contracting
The company undertakes general contracting within a wide range of commercial sectors including the following:
- Local Authorities
- Housing Associations
- Property Development / Management Companies
- Hospital Trusts
- Universities, Schools, Colleges and Nursery Settings
- Factories, Offices and Retail
Planned and Responsive Property Maintenance
Our maintenance teams undertake all aspects of property maintenance and building services for a diverse range of customers, including local housing associations, hospital trusts, schools, universities, colleges, insurance companies and numerous other commercial clients. Our services include:
24 Hour Emergency Call-out Service – 365 days
- Reactive Maintenance
- Planned and Proactive Maintenance
- Measured Term Contracts and Schedule of Rates
- Compliance Testing – Gas, Electrics, Fire, Legionella
We operate a fleet of over 75 tracked commercial vehicles to service this workload.
Insurance / Loss Adjustor Work
Our work for Insurance / Loss Adjustor Clients involves surveying, scheduling and fulfilment of insurance claims to domestic and commercial properties. Specialising in the repair, rebuilding and refurbishment of properties affected by fire, flood and storm damage. Our customer focused personnel understand the distress and inconvenience that such events can cause. It is our aim to restore damaged premises as efficiently and unobtrusively as possible, whilst maintaining high quality and standards.
Agreed SLA’s (Service Level Agreements) are incorporated in the contract to monitor initial customer contact / site survey response times, project commencement and completion times, issue of final invoice time and customer satisfaction with our works. All works are measured against key performance indicators (KPI’s) ensuring consistently high standards and continued improvements.
Plumbing and Heating Installation and Repairs
All of our engineers are GAS Safe registered and highly experienced in the domestic, social housing and commercial fields. Our work includes sanitary installations in all sectors, including specialist healthcare, large scale boiler servicing contracts, responsive breakdown solutions, planned boiler replacements, new installations and general repairs and maintenance.
Our engineers have the backing of a strong supervisory and management team with all members of the team taking great pride in providing a professional service.
Architectural Joinery Manufacture and Installation
Burridge are one of the few remaining local contractors to retain an in house specialist joinery facility.
Our modern fully equipped workshop and skilled craftsmen are able to produce a wide range of joinery and bar / shopfitting items. These include counters, fittings and screens as well as reproduction of internal and external joinery for refurbishment projects.
We are able to offer a complete shopfitting service, which combines traditional skills and craftsmanship with modern techniques and management controls. Our capabilities are varied and range from full refits for retail / offices to specialist joinery items, both on a local and national basis.
Painting and Decorating
This long established painting and decorating division was formed to compliment other divisions of the company. Therefore Burridge has the flexibility and control necessary to provide a reliable and highly skilled workforce on any project to ensure all finishing works are completed to our exacting standards.
Work undertaken by our painting and decorating division includes internal and external decoration and redecoration, specialist high performance and protective coatings, pre-paint repairs and all types of decorative finishes and wall coverings.
Burridge operates with a team of fully qualified electrical engineers, working to the current NICEIC standards. This team can provide:
- Full Electrical Installations
- Electrical Repairs and Maintenance
- Electrical Testing and Certification
- Portable Appliance Testing
The electrical services management team are highly qualified and experienced in electrical contracting and have gained an enviable reputation for the quality of service and end-product that they provide.
Renewal Energy Solutions
Burridge have entered into a partnership with Red Energy Group who specialise in energy solutions, design and consultancy. Together this partnership provides a dedicated team of renewable energy specialists.
Services provided in house include:-
- Feasibility Studies
- Product Selection and Supply
Covering all Renewable Systems:-
- Geothermal Energy
- Biomass Energy
- Wind Power
- Solar Energy
- Water Energy
- CHP Combined Heat and Power
Reasons to Employ Burridge
- North East based company passionate about the North East.
- Local labour force, vastly experienced, loyal and committed.
- Long established local supply chain, pre-vetted and approved.
- Fully integrated management system covering, Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety all certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Large fleet of 75 liveried tracked vehicles covering North East ensuring rapid same day response.
- Vastly experienced management and workforce with extensive knowledge of working in occupied properties, domestic, commercial and health care environments.
- Latest technology i.e. two-way internet live feed job management systems.
- Socially responsible.
- Large enough to cope, small enough to care!
- Gas Safe
- Constructionskills Certification Scheme (CSCS) (98% of employees registered)
- Considerate Constructors (Founder Member)
- Micro-generation Certification Scheme (MCS)
- Structural Alterations / Refurbishments
- Plumbing / Heating
- Electrical / Mechanical
- Joinery Manufacture
- Renewable Energy
- Health, Safety and Environmental