Newcastle University Armstrong Building Phase 4
The works comprised of the phased refurbishment of the Second Floor (Bedson Wing), Third, Fourth & Fifth floors to create a quality leaning and office space, together with the demolition of the existing Isotope and Mast Store within the courtyard. The Armstrong Building is a Grade II Listed Building.
• Works to panelling / ceilings etc. that are existing and listed.
• Asbestos removal.
• Demolition of existing buildings within the courtyard.
• Removal of generations of paint off existing glazed wall tiles, hardwood panelling and exposed roof timbers without damaging existing ‘listed features’ within the building.
• Installation of a mezzanine floor complete with stainless steel glazed stair to the second floor.
• Demolition of existing ‘lean-to’ extensions and replacement with new structural steel framed, zinc clad ‘lean-to’ extensions to the third floor, incorporating bronze windows.
• New partitions.
• Replacement of existing rooflights with heritage style rooflights.
• Oak panelling to walls and oak glazed screens.
• Oak veneered doorsets.
• Glazed oak bookcase units.
• New floor finishes, including bamboo flooring to common area.
• New plastered and suspended ceilings.
• New toilet blocks to the third floor.