Northumbria water – Kielder – Boat Inn:
The work to the Boat Inn kitchen area consisted of the following work:
• Striping of existing appliances, cupboard units, utensils, electrics, plumbing and floor coverings.
New work consisted of:
• Underground drainage connections.
• Above ground plumbing connections for the new commercial kitchen units.
• Decoration throughout the kitchen area.
• Electrical connections.
• Breaking out new external door opening through timber frame construction and inserting external grade door set.
• Forming new passage way from new external door through to kitchen area.
• Breaking out new door opening to create an access and egress from the kitchen to the public serving area.
• Manufacture new door set to match existing door set for new door way from kitchen area to public serving area.
• Access for new Heating and Ventilation through the roof space had to be gained externally be means of erecting scaffold and removing an existing louvre panel.
While the work was being carried out, access was maintained for the public due to it being the lead up to Christmas and their Winter Wonderland Spectacular.